THIS AND THAT
* Having had a lot of time on my hands lately, I have been bingeing on the TV series, “ER.” I loved it when it aired years ago and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting reacquainted with the characters and following the dozens of storylines all over again. And with that said, I just have to say….“ER” is a million times better than “Grey’s Anatomy,” with the exception of Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Denny Duquette and Kyle Chandler as Dylan Young, who weren’t even regulars on the show. Seriously!
* Just wondering, how many people still have a stockpile of toilet paper on hand?
* Remembering Miami Dolphins Coach Don Shula, the only coach to have a perfect season in NFL history! He coached one of my quarterbacks that I followed throughout his career, and that would be Dan “The Man” Marino! Also, that 1972 perfect season was one for the books with players like Larry Csonka, Bob Griese and Mercury Morris.
* Hey, my sweet grandbabies and I planted those toilet paper seed pots that I had made this past weekend! I had seeds pop up in each and every little pot and they are now taking root in my flower garden. It was a fun experience and we plan on making even more next year!
* Most people look for the light at the end of the tunnel; I look for the castle at the end of Main Street.
* I had mentioned the HGTV series “Fixer to Fabulous” in an earlier editorial and said I liked the hosts because Dave Marrs states that a house is not complete until he hangs out the American flag. Well, he just keeps getting cooler because I found out they are KC Chiefs fans!
* Spotted my first peony of the season at the Ross Schafer Park last week.
* On May 5th, 2000, one of my favorite movies, or should I say MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME, “Gladiator,” was released! And even after watching it thousands of times over the past 20 years, “I am still entertained!”
* And if this would have been like any other year, this week I would have been on a western Caribbean cruise with my family sunning on the deck of the Independence of the Seas, enjoying a Perfect Day at Coco Cay and walking barefoot on the beaches of Labadee! But I am thankful that all of my family members are safe and healthy, so I will just start planning the next grand adventure!