THIS AND THAT
* And BOOM! Just like that it’s July!
* Why does the media refer to the Duchess of Cambridge as Kate Middleton, but still refer to Megan Markle as the Duchess of Sussex, even though she has given up the title? Just wondering.
* Disney cancelled its annual Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Parties for this year! What is going on, Mickey?! Anyway, to make up for Disney World not having those Halloween parties, let it be known that Stockton is still planning its Pumpkin Patch for the first weekend of October for some great fall fun!
* Due to COVID-19, I still feel the need to self isolate at home, so no one may enter my house except family members, Captain America, Thor and Loki, Superman, Black Panther, and Star Lord.
* I have been watching the entire series of “ER” for the past several months on POP TV and I am sad to report that on Friday (June 26th) the last four episodes of 15 seasons aired! “ER” first appeared on TV in 1994 and ended in 2009! I watched it then, and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching it all over again. And just saying, that is quite a run for a TV series! Some of my favorite regulars were Noah Wyle (John Carter), Anthony Edwards (Mark Greene), Maura Tierney (Abby Lockhart), Goran Visnjic (Luka Kovac), Paul McCrane (Robert Romano), Mekhi Phifer (Greg Pratt), Scott Grimes (Archie Morris), Shane West (Ray Barnett), Sharif Atkins (Michael Gallant) and Alex Kingston (Elizabeth Corday). Some of my favorite guest stars were Zac Efron, Chris Pine, Chadwick Boseman, Eric Stonestreet, James Woods, Forest Whitaker, Ewan McGregor, Louis Gossett Jr. and Carl Weathers. Now that it is over, I will be hunting for the TV series “Highlander” as well as “The Pretender.”
* The Nova Theatre is FINALLY opening back up after closing on Monday, March 16th because of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Since new releases are just starting to be scheduled, the Nova will be showing some movies that missed their chance to be played on the big screen. Hope you enjoy them and then settle in for a great fall lineup because some of the studios moved a few of what was supposed to be their spring and summer movie openings to later this year and into 2021. Welcome back and enjoy that popcorn!
* One of the best feelings in the world is when you are hugging a person you love really tight and they hug you back even tighter!