This & That
* Hey, who remembers watching American Bandstand AND Soul Train? “I like the song because it has a good beat!”
* Read this and wanted to pass it along…In March of this year there was a Friday the 13th, a full moon, and we turned the clocks ahead all in one weekend. On October 31st, Halloween is on a Saturday, there will be a full moon that night, and we will turn the clocks back an hour. Maybe this will return us to our factory settings!”
* The 1967 black Chevrolet Impala that has been pretty much a character on the TV show “Supernatural” for the past ten years will be going home to Texas with actor Jenson Ackles, who played Dean Winchester, when the series comes to an end this season. Nice way to retire it!
* I do not like it when I read an article that says the internet is blowing up with responses to a situation. Most of the time they are only looking at ONE side of the responses and using that as their content for the article. Remember there are always two sides to everything, right or wrong. And I am also very tired of celebrities giving their viewpoints, like I care what they have to say because I can think for myself.
* Every time I try to eat healthy, along comes my birthday, your birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Game Day, Movie Night, Friday or Saturday and it just ruins it for me!
* Just a reminder to everyone out there: We vote people into office to represent us. If they are not doing that, vote them out. They are not there to further their personal agenda and they should be constantly reminded of that. And I am still waiting for them to take term limits seriously!
* This is so me…“I like to make lists. I also like to leave them on the kitchen table and then guess what’s on the list while I am at the store.
* I am sure many of you know of or have used this recipe, but for those that don’t and really aren’t into baking a lot, here is a great fall pumpkin treat. It only uses two ingredients. Take a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) and hand-mix them together. It will be a heavy, thick mixture. Then put an equal amount mixture into a greased muffin/cupcake tin. (I use butter-flavored spray.) Bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The muffins will be dense, but very moist! It tastes great that way, or you can step it up a notice and add cinnamon flavored chips or chocolate chips or whatever you like! Happy Hallothanksmas!